Systems Administrator - Midland location: Design, implement, troubleshoot, analyze and maintain the IT Infrastructure our customer environments; including network connectivity and utilization, Windows server administration, virtualization, performance tuning, backup and restore.
Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on training, experience, and judgment to plan and budget time to accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks, and provide support for escalated trouble tickets.
Candidates should be team players with excellent communication skills and have the ability to manage assignments independently.
The ideal candidate will have a nurturing personality and the desire to help in the development and mentoring of level 1 technicians.
Systems Administrator Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation as it relates to server and network topology, equipment, and configuration(s).
- Create project plans, design, and implement solutions.
- Level 2 and Level 3 Support for problems identified with systems and network.
- Will act as an escalation for Level 1 and Level 2 Managed Services support technicians.
- Create, request, and present technical specifications and requirements for purchasing of new servers and networking equipment via quote procedure.
- Participate in after-hours upgrades, troubleshooting, and/or on-call availability as needed.
- Standard system administration duties including server install, System/Application install and patch management, Windows problem determination and escalation, log analysis, etc.
- Configure, test, and maintain LAN equipment and services, including switches, routers, firewalls, and VPN.
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve network problems including network connectivity, traffic utilization, etc. using available network tools in a timely fashion.
- Provide Infrastructure services in all areas needed: storage networking, Operating System, network security, directory services, server virtualization using system backup and restore, system and network monitoring, application installation and configuration
- Assist with monthly reports and recommendations for Managed Services Clients
- Utilize superior customer service skills
- Stay current with system information, changes, and updates Requirements: 5 -7 years of prior IT experience.
- Prior experience working for a service provider is a plus
- Experience working with Windows Desktop XP-10, Windows Server 2003 - 2012, VMware, SBS Server, Storage Technologies
- Hands on experience with Wired and Wireless networking, PC and server virtualization software, virus protection, backup systems.
- Microsoft certifications preferred MCSA, VCP & CCNA certifications are preferred Skills: Effectively communicate by phone or in person.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Establish successful outcomes in handling difficult situations and work with various customers and management levels.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and troubleshoot critical issues
- Ability to work in a high-performance culture Manage multiple priorities and follow through on projects to completion.
- Works effectively both as a team member and independently to resolve problems Effectively utilizes tools to resolve issues and escalates appropriately.
- Network configuration, monitoring, and troubleshooting experience are a must.
- Strong documentation skills
Please email resumes to email@example.com
About this company
Back in 2005, a simple idea of opening a business was put forth. Wanting to combine a strong customer service element in addition to providing quality equipment and services at competitive prices, everything was in place for Hilliard Office Solutions to get things off the ground.
Now, 13 years later, Hilliard Office Solutions is still going strong and continuing to grow thanks in part to their focus on integrity, respect and teamwork in being a business providing high quality products and services to people and businesses. The focus on customer service has gone a long way in helping the business take off as it serves customers across Texas and into Oklahoma.
Hilliard Office Solutions offers an array of products and services ranging from office equipment, printing and IT services, Electronic Content Management and Customer Communication Management solutions, shipping and mailing equipment, ink and toner products, and much more.
Currently Hilliard Office Solutions is looking for a Systems Administrator to work out of their Midland location. The Systems Administrator would work on designing, implementing, troubleshooting, analyzing and maintaining the IT infrastructure for the company’s customer environments that includes several areas such as network connectivity and utilization, Windows server administration, performance tuning, backup and restore, as well as other duties.
Responsibilities for the job includes creating and maintaining comprehensive documentation relating to server and network topology, equipment and configurations; creating project plans, designing and implementing solutions; Level 2 and Level 3 support for problems identified with systems and network and acting as an escalation for Level 1 and Level 2 managed services support technicians; participating in after-hours upgrades, troubleshooting and/or on-call availability as needed; assisting with monthly reports and recommendations for Managed Services Clients; and much more.
Five to seven years of prior IT experience is required. Prior experience working for a service provider is considered a plus. Experience is preferred in several areas such as working with Windows Desktop XP-10, Windows Server 2003-2012, VMware, SBS Server, Storage Technologies, and having Microsoft certifications and MCSA, VCP and CCNA certifications.
For more information about Hilliard Office Solutions, visit the company’s website at www.hilliardos.com, or contact them at (432) 617-4677 or (866) 976-2679.
Location/Region: Midland, TX (US - 79701)